Next Season Runs in NYSummer 2017
Submissions now be Accepted
Submission Accepted from Everywhere in the US. Shows from outside NY and NJ can only run if the entire cast and crew are from New York City. Submissions must be between 5 and 90 minutes long.
Submission Rules NYSummerfest
How to Submit your work to NYSummerfest
In order to submit a play please send the following via email:
- A 100 word synopsis of the play
- The complete script + character breakdown
- Your telephone number and home address, plus the phone number of one other person in your production that we can contact
- Your bio
- All genres of shows are welcome to submit to our festivals.
- Shows that have already been staged can also participate as long as the run was BEFORE 2014 and will participate in NYSummerfest with AN ENTIRELY NEW CAST AND CREW.
- Production’s history of the play submitted
- Please tell us where did your hear about the festival
- Length of the play or musical submitted
As soon as your play is accepted, you will be sent the festival guidelines. All plays will be given a three-performance run at the theater.
After all plays have had their three-performance run, the best 6 plays will be selected by the NYSummerfest team as nominees for the $3,500 prize of Best Play.
In Addition to the Best Play there will also be several nominations:
Best actress, Best Actor, Best Director and Best singers will all receive each $500.
Best Musical Score $300. Best Original play, Stage manager, Set Designer and Light designer will all receive each $200.
Winners will be announced during a special prize ceremony at the end of the festival to which the cast and crew of all nominated productions will be invited. If your play/musical is accepted in our festival there is a payment of $250 to participate if it is 45 to 90 minutes long , $150 if 20 to 45 minutes long or $75 if 5 to 20 minutes long. If you wish to participate as an Equity show case you will be contacted by the festival and sent a different sets of guidelines.
For more information see our: