Submission Accepted from Everywhere in the US
Shows from outside NY and NJ can only run
if the entire cast and crew
are from New York City.
Submissions must be between
10 and 90 minutes long
In order to submit a play please send the following via email:
- A 100 word synopsis of the play
- Character breakdown
- Your telephone number and home address, plus the phone number of one other person in your production that we can contact
- Your bio
- All genres of shows are welcome to submit to our festivals
- Shows that have already been staged can also participate as long as they participate in Winterfest with AN ENTIRELY NEW CAST AND CREW
- Production’s history of the play submitted and length of your play
- Please tell us where did your hear about the festival
As soon as your play is accepted, you will be sent the festival guidelines. All plays will be given a three-performance run at the theater.
In Addition to the Best Play there will also be several nominations:
Best actress ($500 prize) • Best Actor ($500) • Best Director ($500) • Singer + Best Musical Score $300 • Best Original play $200 •
Stage manager and Set designer
Winners will be announced during a special prize ceremony at the end of the festival to which the cast and crew of all nominated productions will be invited.
If your play/musical is accepted in our festival there is a payment of $250 to participate if your play is 50 to 90 minutes long and $150 if your play is between 30 and 50 minutes long.
Short plays between 10 and 30 minutes pay $75.
WHY YOU PAY A PARTICIPATION FEE?
If you wish to participate as an Equity show case you will be contacted by the festival and sent a different sets of guidelines.
For more info see our: